.NET Core 3.0 released yesterday — Sep 23rd.
Announcing .NET Core 3.0
Live virtual Conference on going — https://www.dotnetconf.net/agenda
- Performance is greatly improved
- C# 8.0 support.
- WPF and WF support in .NET Core 3.0 but will not work in Linux yet.
- More improvements for IoT , Rasberry Pi.
- High-performance JSON APIs
- .NET Core apps now have executables
- Pack your application with all dependencies in single exe and trimming support.
- gRPC support for serverless programming use as an alternative to WCF services.
ASP.NET Core and Blazor updates in .NET Core 3.0
Client-Side Blazor to get its stable release by May 2020
Entity Framework Core 3.0 and Entity Framework 6.3
- Restricted client evaluation — A much-needed feature.
- Single SQL statement per LINQ query
- Cosmos DB support
- Nullable reference types.
What’s new in ASP.NET Core 3.0
- Performance improvement.
- Blazor support
- gRPC — is a popular, high-performance RPC (remote procedure call) framework.
- SignalR improvements — Auto reconnect support.
- Awaitable for loops, async enumerables.
- Generic Host support
- Improvements in hosting app under reverse proxy.
- Identity server integrated templates.
- Templates for Separated frontend (Angular, React) and backend API under the same project.
- Templates for microservices.
What’s new in Xamarin
XAML Hot Reload for Xamarin.Forms
Xamarin Hot Restart iOS 13 & Android 10
iOS 13 & Android 10 Support
Migration from .NET core 2.2 to 3.0
.NET Core 3.1 LTS will release by Nov 2019
.NET 5 — Nov 2020 goal is to combine all platform under the same roof — .NET 5
Upcoming .NET CORe release timeline
Check out my site for more blogs and resource links related to ASP.NET Core — https://sharetechlinks.com