I have listed items with references which will help you in deploying your ASP.NET Core site from scratch in a fresh VM for production environment.
- Install and Setup Supervisor — It is a tool which will help in the autostart of your site on server restart, otherwise, on server restart, you might need to manually start site.
- Install and Setup Nginx — For Reverse Proxying to your .NET app
- Install DotNet Core
- Get a domain — Can get from GoDaddy or any other vendor.
- After purchasing the domain, Map DNS pointing to your server
- Setup and Install Lets Encrypt — To Obtain Free SSL Certification or if you have own certificate purchased you can also use it.
- Enable Firewall to allow port 80, 443 — or any other port based on your requirement.
- Enable https redirect in your Ngnix Configuration
- After Hosting ensure you have enabled basic Security Headers for the site — Can test Using Security Headers site— https://securityheaders.com/
- Can test your site for SEO if your site needs it — https://sharetechlinks.com/post/detail/101/free-seo-checker
You can get a cheap Digital Ocean Server for $5–$10 which is more than enough to run a simple site.
This site runs on same — https://sharetechlinks.com
Enabling Remote Desktop — XRDP
Installing Ubuntu Mate OS
Usually, when you purchase Linux VM from Digital Ocean or any other Vendor you won't get OS. To install a lightweight Ubuntu Mate Linux OS
Supervisor, Nginx Configuration
Nginx — In-Depth configurations
Installing Putty in Windows
Transferring file from windows to Linux using Putty
Refer this for Unzip file in Ubuntu
Installing My SQL In Linux
The above-mentioned checklist is more than enough to host your ASP.NET Core site in a fresh Linux VM starting from Scratch.
For more such interesting ASP.NET Core related blogs, resources visit my site https://sharetechlinks.com/